There is something unique about going abroad for the holidays. More so, when it comes to Christmas and New Years celebrations. Last year for Christmas, I was fortunate enough to go to Hungary, Italy and Germany. Not only did I have a great holiday abroad, but it also showed me why I rather be abroad for Christmas than in Florida.
Hence, I came up with 8 reasons why you should go to Europe for the holidays.
1) The plazas with ancient, historical buildings are full of lights and decorations. If you appreciate ancient buildings then you will appreciate the decorations even more.
2) There are Christmas trees everywhere! In the hotel, in the plazas, in the coffee shops and even outside in the center of the city.
3) Characters dressed in Santa Suits walk around spreading holiday cheer.
4) You get to see things you would probably never see in Florida. Floating Christmas trees and Lego Christmas trees.
5) Christmas markets! When you go to Europe, you will see Christmas markets. I so far have seen them in France, Germany, Italy, Spain and Hungary.
6) You get to eat delicious food at the Christmas market.
7) You will cross paths with Christmas Carolers.
8) The hotels are decorated and full of Christmas spirit.
Holiday abroad is definitely a great experience and if you haven’t tried it yet, I recommend you do so as soon as you can. Not only will you get to experience holidays abroad, but you will have an amazing story to tell once you go back home.
Like this post? Share it on Pinterest!