When tourists make trips to Central Florida, it’s usually to go to the major theme parks such as Disney, Universal and Seaworld, but there are many great things to do in Orlando aside from the major theme parks.
So if you are planning a trip to Orlando, Florida, but want to stay within a budget or would like to do something aside from theme parks, then check out this list of 30 things to do in Orlando.
2. Sea Life – Central Florida’s very own aquarium! With plenty of interactive activities.
3. The Wheel at Icon Park – if you’re looking for the best view of Orlando, The wheel is the best spot for that.
4. Fort Christmas Historical Park – if you like forts, nature and history, this a great place to visit!
5. Old Town – shopping, restaurants and live music, this is what you’ll find in Old Town.
6. Wonder Works – This attraction has 100+ hands-on science exhibits.
7. Kennedy Space Center – If you want to learn about Space, this is the place.
8. Orlando Balloon Rides – if you’re looking to go on a hot air balloon, I recommend Orlando Balloon Rides.
9. Safari Wilderness Ranch – Take a Safari and feed the animals.
10. Showcase of Citrus Monster Truck Safari – This tour includes getting on a monster truck and exploring the area.
11. Capone’s Dinner and Show– Dinner theater with a 30’s gangland theme plus a delicious buffet.
12. IFLY Orlando – Not a fan of the outdoors, but want an adventure? Go skydiving at this indoor facility.
13. Epic Axe Throwing – Get a group of friends and try your hand at Axe Throwing!
14. Medieval Times & Tournament – Watch knights joust as you enjoy some delicious medieval dinner.
15. Kayak at Blue Springs State Park – Orlando is full out State Parks, but this park is one of the best for Kayaking.
16. Bok Tower Gardens – Beautiful Gardens known for their “singing” tower, which plays the carillon bells several times a day.
17. Harry P. Leu Gardens – A wonderful 50-acre botanical garden.
18. Mead Botanical Gardens – A tranquil space with an array of flowering gardens and wildlife habitats.
19. Albin Polasek Museum & Sculpture Gardens – A historic site with a museum and sculptures by Albin Polasek.
20. Orlando Science Center – Science center with hands-on exhibits and planetarium shows.
21. The Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art – Beautiful Museum with the world’s most comprehensive collection of works by Louis Comfort Tiffany.
22. Orlando Museum of Art – Art Museum with incredible art.
23. Titanic: The Artifacts Exhibition – Learn about the Titanic in this wonderful exhibition.
24. Orange County Regional History Center – a 5-story museum focused on the history of Central Florida.
25. Presidents Hall of Fame – Museum dedicated to the U.S. Presidents and their families.
26. Chocolate Museum & Cafe – Learn everything there is to know about chocolate and take their tour to see some impressive sculptures made out of chocolate.
27. Hop on! Central Florida Brew Tours – Hop on! And take a tour of different breweries, all while enjoying a variety of beer.
28. Lakeridge Winery & Vineyards – Take a free tour and enjoy some free wine tasting at this beautiful Vineyard.
29. Orlando City Tours – Take a tour of Orlando and see what else there is to do aside from the Theme Parks.
30. Apopka Wildlife Drive – Take a self tour in your own vehicle and watch all the wildlife in its own environment.
There are plenty of places in Orlando to visit and will hopefully be posting more of these places. So stay tuned!
Like this post? Share it on Pinterest!